Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oklahoma Centennial Parade





















So we all went down to OKC for the official Centennial Parade celebrating Oklahoma's statehood. Tons of fun if a little windy. Brodie's favorite thing was the giant space shuttle ballon and seeing all the real live astronauts in the parade. For those of you who don't know, the most astronauts have come from Oklahoma than any other state. So since this week's favorite profession is astronaut, I have told Brodie that he has a leg up on other boys and girls just simply because he's from Oklahoma! Layla just liked the whole parade and didn't nap at all because it was so fun.

3 comments:

Baroni Family said...

We so wish we could have been there! What fun to have missed out on! Anyway, things are still the same here in Hawaii.....85 and sunny....guess I better get used to it!

Roxanna said...

Funny tid bit for you!! The man in the first picture on the horse; is a member of my dad's church in Pawnee. He directs/runs/stars in the Wild West Show that is put on in Pawnee every weekend in June. If you are every interested in taking the kids let me know. I will let my parents know and Brodie can ride on Wild Bill's horse after the show or one of the other horses!!

Roxanna said...

Boy I miss Oklahoma at times!!