Monday, November 5, 2007

The Monster Dash







So Brodie got to be in a real race on Saturday, October 28th. He was thrilled to be able to wear his Buzz Lightyear costume and a real number. and mom was happy to go do the one mile fun run/walk (heavy emphasis on walk) with him. Well, the morning dawned bright and early as we arrived at the starting line at 7:45 AM ---- yes, that's right AM. way too early to be running anything much less a race. And the refreshment table didn't have coffee just water? Damon informed me later that most runners don't drink coffee while leisurely strolling for a walk, but that was what I had in mind at 8 in the morning not sure what was wrong with everyone else. Layla and dad stayed at home because it was a very -- and I mean VERY -- brisk morning. It felt like 28 degrees but I'm sure it was really at least 40, well maybe 55 but you get the point...cold.



Also no one had informed Brodie that you could walk in this race not just run. So I ended up running a mile. Just in case you don't know, I'm not a runner! I can walk all day long but running is a different story. needless to say, brodie was very proud to have beaten me and a whole lot of other girls!!! He ran the ENTIRE mile and finished in 12 minutes 27 seconds! He was very serious about the whole race idea!! As you can tell from the pics, he continues to get farther and farther away from me. He beat me fair and square!



2 comments:

Roxanna said...

Fun, Fun!!! I didn't post on all your entries but loved everyone of them!! I can't wait to experience the fun you have with Brodie and Layla; May can only come a little faster!! Happy Be-lated birthday young one; Turning 30 isn't bad!!

Miss ya! Enjoy Homecoming sorry I will miss another one!!

Baroni Family said...

Go Brodie Go!!! Do you have a future marathon runner in your house? I probably would have needed medical assistance if I would have tried to keep up! Maybe I need Brodie to be my inspiration to run!

miss ya'll!